Saturday, December 13, 2008

Physical Goal- Motivation and Rough Planning

Physical Goal-Motivation Rough Planning.

I'm in the middle of a move right now so it would be pointless to join a gym and I'm not sure how long we'll be staying in Crakow so I don't know how smart it'll be to join a gym there either. But I'll need to eventually find a gym and find the cheapest way to buy whey protein and creatine there. All the other things I'd need to make a shake shouldn't be much of a problem. I'll probably have to buy my own blender too though.

When I get there and find a gym I'll put up a detailed workout plan and keep updates on how close I'm actually following it and what changes I need to make. I definitely need a defined work out and nutrition plan because when I was just rolling in there and lifting and not really paying attention to exactly what I was doing I wasn't showing any kind of important gain. I'll be taking the majority of my workout from a recent issue of FLEX magazine and I'll probably do the basic creatine/whey protein mix since I can't afford to buy all the other crap body building site/magazines recommend.

It looks like I'm going to have to work in some cardio too. It was the first time that I stopped working out for a period of time and kept the weight. Normally quitting weightlifting caused a 10 to 15 pound drop in weight, this time the weight stuck but the muscle tone didn't.

Another problem is motivation. I need to kick it into a higher gear. I may not be able to be in a gym but is that any excuse to not be doing a certain amount of push-ups a day? And why aren't I doing any crunches or sit-ups. There's certainly no excuse for that. So I need to make a little mini work out plan that doesn't involve any weights but one that keeps me working and doesn't give me a rest. It's Friday night as I write this and I leave Tuesday morning so I think I should be able to pull 20 push-ups, 30 sit-ups and 60 crunches Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday just as a discipline test.

1.Find an affordable way to buy creatine and protein.
2.Find a gym that has what I need and is affordable.
3.Write out a detailed workout/nutrition plan.
4.Stay motivated.

So that's the mini goal. Like Mark Twain said it's better to cut a large problem into smaller more manageable problems. After I'm well in Poland Wednesday or Thursday I'll write on whether I was a disappointment to myself or whether I succeeded. I should probably get started on Friday's batch right now... and continue the journey.

No comments: